Patch 12.8 in TFT has only a couple of small changes compared to the previous patch, which had plenty of updates in preparation for the upcoming TFT World Championships. Riot has shipped a couple of buffs to underperforming traits while also nerfing the more dominant ones to keep the meta healthy.
Riot has changed the attack speed slow tiers, with the new tiers being 20/30/40/50%. The explanations for these updated tiers are the following: 20% is for mildly impactful but mostly annoying, 30% is standard and pretty strong, 40% is painful and will be rare, and 50% will be reserved for ultra-sharp brief moments.
With these newly updated tiers, Riot will nerf the more accessible attack speed slows from units while also buffing the more rare options such as items or high cost units.
Following the nerf to the Chemtech damage reduction in recent patches, Riot decided to follow up with a compensation buff to their health regeneration to give the Chemtech units more survivability. At the same time, the 4 Scrap composition which started running rampant across all ranks was nerfed due to it being too powerful and easily accessible. Other underrepresented traits such as Hextech, Enchanter, and Syndicate have received some buffs as well to bring their power levels back in line with other traits.
- Chemtech percent max Health Regen: 4/7/10/18% increased to 4/8/13/20%
- Scrap shield per item component: 20/40/60 reduced to 20/30/50
- Enchanter percent increase to Healing and Shielding: 25/45/70/100% increased to 25/50/80/115%
- Hextech shield: 100/135/250/350 increased to 100/150/275/375
- Mutant, Cybernetic Enhancement Health: 450/900/1350 decreased to 450/800/1250
- Mutant, Voracious Appetite Attack Damage & Ability Power: 20/30/40 decreased to 18/25/35
- Syndicate Armor & Magic Resist: 50 increased to 55
- Syndicate 7 Bonus amplification: 50% increased to 55%
Units across all tiers were changed with a couple of high cost units being buffed across the board to make them feel much more powerful when upgraded to 3 stars.
- Ashe Volley Attack Speed slow: 15% increased to 20%
- Zilean Time Bomb Attack Speed Slow: 25/35/50% increased to 30/40/50%
- Ekko Parallel Convergence Attack Speed Slow: 25/25/35% decreased to 20/20/30%
- Gangplank Parrrley Damage: 120/160/225 decreased to 110/160/225
- Braum Vault Breaker Damage: 100/200/600 increased to 100/200/750
- Kha'Zix Void Assault Attack Damage scaling: 195/200/225% changed to 180/185/260%
- Renata Glasc Toxic Wave Attack Speed Slow: 15% increased to 20%
- Renata Glasc Toxic Wave Damage: 40/65/220 increased to 40/65/240
- Vi Piltover Pulverizer Damage: 125/200/450 increased to 125/200/500
- Vi Piltover Pulverizer Shield: 225/325/750 increased to 225/325/850
- Jinx Rocket form Attack Damage scaling: 220/230/888% decreased to 210/220/888%
Hextech, Enchanter, and Syndicate units emerged victorious in the latest round of changes and might become more popular while Mercenary, Mutant, and Scrap units lost a bit of power and will most likely no longer be hard forced from the get-go without a proper setup.
While the previous patch had a lot of changes and shook up the meta in preparation for the World Championship, Riot said that they are looking to tread lightly with this one to maintain a stable meta and practice environment for pros, as well as a consistent Ranked experience for everyone else during the final weeks of the current set.