After months of being an invisible pick in the meta, Sivir has received an update to all her abilities in patch 12.13. The mini-rework amplifies her AoE damage and provides added complexity to her relatively simple kit; let's break it down.
Q - Boomerang Blade
Sivir's signature boomerang has had its numbers altered, and now scales with critical strike:
- Base damage reduced to 25/40/55/70/85 (+80/85/90/95/100% total AD) (+60% AP), down from 35/50/65/80/95 (+70/85/100/115/130% total AD) (+50% AP)
- Cooldown increased to 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds, up from 7 seconds
- Cast time reduced to 0.25-0 seconds (scaling with attack speed), down from 0.25 seconds
- New - scales with critical strike chance, dealing up to 50% bonus damage at 100% crit chance
Although her Q will be weaker in the early game due to an increased cooldown and reduced damage, it now scales even better into the late game with crit scaling and cast time scaling with attack speed. This pushes a standard crit/AD build, instead of the lethality Sivir that has been played recently. The mana cost and missile speed have also been changed:
- Mana cost reduced to 55/60/65/70/75, down from 70/80/90/100/110
- Missile speed changed to 1450 outwards and 1200 inwards, changed from 1350
Boomerang Blade will now travel slower as it goes out, but will travel faster coming back. This makes it easier to land a 2nd Q hit, if you can land the first.
W - Ricochet
Ricochet's base damage, duration and number of possible bounces have been reduced:
- Damage reduced to 30/35/40/45/50% total AD, down from 30/45/60/75/90% total AD
- Buff duration reduced to 4 seconds, down from 5
- Maximum bounces reduced to 8, down from unlimited
- Cooldown increased to 10 seconds at all ranks, up from 12/10.5/9/7.5/6
- New - now deals 80% damage against minions
The nerf from unlimited bounces down to 8 sounds drastic, but there weren't too many situations where you could get more than 8 bounces. Importantly, you'll still be attack a minion wave and the enemy bot lane.
While its base stats have been nerfed, Richochet has received some large buffs:
- New - activating Ricochet now grants 20/25/30/35/40% bonus attack speed
- New - Ricochets can now bounce back to targets that have already been hit, but only one additional time. Ricochets will prioritize new targets first
- Bounce missile speed increased to 1000, up to 700
- Bounce range increased to 500, up from 450 (approximately 1 extra Teemo)
The bonus attack speed means you'll be able to get off more enhanced basic attacks quicker, which can now damage enemies twice. Enemies will have to play more cautiously when Sivir has popped her W, even after they've been damaged once by it.
E - Spell Shield
Spell Shield has received huge changes, as it no longer restores mana and instead heals Sivir:
- Removed - blocking an enemy ability no longer restores mana
- New - blocking an enemy ability now heals Sivir for 60/65/70/75/80% of her total AD (+50% total AP)
- New - blocking an enemy ability now procs Sivir’s Passive (Fleet of Foot)
- Cooldown increased to 22/20/18/16/14 seconds, up from 22/19/16/13/10
Sivir's mana costs have been adjusted to account for this change, and will increase her sustainability in lane. Successfully blocking an enemy ability will also help Sivir escape from further damage, as it now procs her Passive and can let her escape.
Ultimate - On The Hunt
Sivir's ultimate has received some nerfs, but its duration has been extended dramatically:
- Removed - Sivir no longer gains bonus attack speed from her ult
- Removed - no longer grants Sivir and her allies an initial movement speed burst
- New - Sivir’s basic attacks during her ult now reduce her basic ability cooldowns by 0.5 seconds per attack
- New - if Sivir scores a takedown while her ult is active, its aura will now refresh its duration
- Duration increased to 8/10/12 seconds, up from 8 seconds
- Cooldown reduced to 100/85/70 seconds, down from 120/100/80 seconds
Though she no longer gains bonus attack speed, this is mitigated by the bonus attack speed gained by proccing her W. Sivir's damage output during her ult can now be much higher, if she can continue landing basic attacks and reducing the cooldown of her basic abilities. The duration refresh makes Sivir much stronger in extended teamfights.
Base Stats and Passive (Fleet Of Foot)
Finally, Sivir's base stats have been changed:
- Base mana increased to 340, up from 325
- Attack damage growth increased to 3.3, up from 3
- Attack speed growth increased to 2%, up from 1.6
- Base health decreased to 600, down from 632
- Mana growth reduced to 40, down from 50
- Base mana regen reduced to 1.2, down from 1.6
- Mana regen growth reduced to 1.6, down from 1.8
- Base attack damage reduced to 58, down from 63
Generally, Sivir now has more AD in the late game and more base mana, but less health, AD, and mana regen. Her Passive (Fleet Of Foot) has also received some changes:
- Bonus movement speed increased to 55/60/65/70/75 (levels 1/6/11/16/18), up from 35/40/45/50/55
- Movement speed duration decays over 1.5 seconds, changed from 2 seconds
Her passive now grants more movement speed, but it will be higher as soon as it's procced and will decay over 1.5 seconds. This increases Sivir's chase potential if you can proc her passive and constantly refresh it.
Sivir is now much more of a threat when her ult and W are procced; she can output a ton of basic attacks, constantly refresh her passive, and reduce the cooldown on her basic abilities. Lethaility builds may not be as strong, and could be replaced by attack speed/crit builds.